Consulting as an Associate with reputed economic consultancies (Cambridge Economic Policy Associates and Wellspring Development), I have developed an extensive project portfolio focused on emerging markets and spanning infrastructure, agriculture and global health, in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
To this end, I have been part of the project team working for various clients including governments, donors, development finance institutions, global partnerships, social impact investors and the private sector.
My broad experience in leading multi-stakeholder engagement with both the public and private sector, particularly in India, is complemented by my analytical skills in triangulating and synthesising evidence from multiple sources, with my inputs feeding into high-level reviews and evaluations published by clients such as Department for International Development (DFID) and International Finance Corporation (IFC).
Selected Project Portfolio
I was recently part of the team tasked by Rockefeller Foundation to determine Protective Foods Strategies for East Africa, with the objective of crowding in technical assistance and leveraging public-private investment for small and medium enterprises focused on important protective food supply chain innovations, including cold chain, transport, logistics, data analytics and aquaculture.
I have also been involved in the following projects undertaken for The World Bank Group:
- Identifying a pipeline of investable opportunities in the agribusiness sectors of six priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, including value chain analysis and assessment of performance constraints.
- Assessing the scope of using Output-Based Aid in financing small-scale irrigation schemes in developing countries.
- Assessing the major issues relating to sustainable financing, structuring and implementation of irrigation schemes, especially in developing countries.
- Reviewing the different ways in which smallholder farmers can access Micro-Irrigation Technologies (MIT), to support the World Bank Group’s efforts to extend access to irrigation for smallholder farmers.
I have been part of several high-profile assessments aimed at drawing best practices and lessons learned from regional and national perspectives for development and financing of infrastructure. Projects in this regard included a study tasked by DFID, researching the factors constraining infrastructure investment in sub-Saharan and South Asia, with a view to mobilising finance to these regions. The final project reports and case studies were published by DFID, including:
- Mobilising Finance for Infrastructure – Policy Report
- Mobilising Finance for Infrastructure – Final Report
I have also been part of the project teams tasked with evaluating the potential for DFIs such as Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) to engage with regional infrastructure programmes such as the Belt & Road Initiative. Other projects in the infrastructure space extend to supporting the development of Private & Public Partnership (PPP) models, including a project for the World Bank, researching policy and practice in proactive disclosure of pre- and post-procurement information in PPPs.
In the global health space, I have been part of the project teams working with international organisations, including the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH), GAVI Alliance and Global Health Group’s Malaria Elimination Initiative.
- As part of a high-level assessment of the Commitments to the Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health, I contributed to the evaluation of the priority themes of the Partnership of Maternal and Newborn Child-Health (PMNCH); the objective being to assess the extent to which advocacy commitments supported efforts to achieve outcomes and goals of the Global Strategy. My inputs were published as part of PMNCH’ annual report, published by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- I have supported a meta-review of 14 country evaluations of GAVI’ HSS support in order to inform GAVI’s review of its HSS window of support; as well as playing a role in reviewing, editing and finalising GAVI’s Renewal and Reporting Guidelines.
- Working with Global Health Group’s Malaria Elimination Initiative, I supported submission of recommendations for developing feasible mechanisms to channel and deliver supplemental financing in the future.