A brief overview of my portfolio of my current and previous projects:
Brand & Digital Media Strategy
Vedanta Resources, Global natural resources company
- Providing strategic inputs on enhancing brand visibility; and amplifying communications across all digital platforms.
- Supporting advocacy-related communications.
Cover Story, fashion brand (part of Future Group)
- Executing content creation streams for the brand’s digital media channels.
- Contributing editorial content for The London Eye, the official blog of the brand, with a view to establishing it as the insider track for international trends.
Foodhall India, gourmet food & lifestyle superstore (part of The Future Group)
- Consulting editor on Foodhall’s website, curating the mix of content to reflect seasonal, local and international food trends.
- Providing strategic direction to the brand’s Instagram page, with the aim of increasing engagement with Foodhall customers (such as through DIY videos) and liaising with influencers.
Oxford Range, recently-formed subsidiary of The East India Company
- Defining and executing digital media strategy, with the aim of introducing the nascent brand of teas, biscuits and chocolates to an audience in the Middle East, particularly through Facebook.
Experience in leading seminars for P.R. & communications agencies, providing an overview of tailored tactics and methods spanning digital content creation, digital account reviews and targeted influencer marketing.
Recent speaking engagements on digital media have included participating in a panel discussion for London Restaurant Network (October, 2017); hosting a round-table discussion at a conference for the F&B industry (November 2017); and more recently, hosting an Instagram Masterclass at The Chess Club, London and Masque in Mumbai.
Agriculture, Agribusinesses & Food Retail
Retail advisory work
I have independent experience working with food retailers, particularly with regard to product conceptualisation and development:
- Future Retail. Acting as a buying agent for The Future Group, with a view to bringing and marketing Waitrose’ brand of products across different retail channels including Foodhall, Big Bazaar and HyperCity.
- Foodhall India. Supporting the retailer to develop a first-of-its-kind concept store in India, including design, curation and execution of an in-store wine & cheese cellar, multi-disciplinary cooking studio and “shop-in-shop” kiosks showcasing the thriving mix of food brands in Mumbai.
- Private Client. Recently participated in a research project aimed at collating feedback on global ice cream trends, with a view to feeding these into product development and marketing strategy for an international FMCG brand.
Agricultural productivity improvement
Working with a boutique economic consultancy for over five years, I have developed considerable experience spanning the infrastructure, agriculture and agribusiness sectors in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
To this end, I have been part of the project team working for various clients including governments, donors, development finance institutions, global partnerships, social impact investors and the private sector. Illustrative examples include – but are not limited – to the following projects undertaken for the World Bank Group:
- Identifying a pipeline of investable opportunities in the agribusiness sectors of six priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, including value chain analysis and assessment of performance constraints.
- Assessing the scope of using Output-Based Aid in financing small-scale irrigation schemes in developing countries.
- Assessing the major issues relating to sustainable financing, structuring and implementation of irrigation schemes, especially in developing countries.
- Reviewing the different ways in which smallholder farmers can access Micro-Irrigation Technologies (MIT), to support the World Bank Group’s efforts to extend access to irrigation for smallholder farmers.
In addition to the key areas listed above, I have also contributed to high-level reviews and evaluations for a range of clients from Department for International Development (DFID) in the U.K., to multi-donor organisations working in the global health space. To this end, I have contributed to officially-published reports and case studies, which you can read more on, here.
The breadth of my project experience and complementary areas of expertise, puts me in a unique position to work with businesses and/ or brands. In particular, I combine an analytical approach to problem-solving with a pragmatic understanding of the creative factors at force in today’s experiential economy.
Find out more about how I could be of help to you or your business, here.
For more details on a specific project or for references/ testimonials, please feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org